Lets talk about being accepted, wholly, completely. What if your ideas are different? What if your values are different? There’s a more or less constant sort of tug of war with me regarding ‘being myself’ and ‘being respectful’ or ‘normal’ enough to function in the real world.
So we all think different. We are all individuals. How much should we accommodate the needs – or perceived needs of others in order to get along/find acceptance or live in harmony with others?
So the …world is one of contradictions. Its an apparent illusion of inclusion and acceptance and equality, where everyone says one thing and probably thinks something else.
There is a kind of beauty in uniqueness, diversity, those who think outside the box. Without them we wouldn’t have art and different lifestyles.
I’ve often struggled a bit with this balance. If I were truly myself in all circumstances I would probably ruffle a lot of feathers, upset and frustrate the people in my life and probably limit my chances of success in many avenues. but that would be stupid, and being different or whatever you have to learn from experience.
How about this, if you don’t agree with my point of view you can go and fk yourself? Probably a bit strong, and wont win too many people over. Lets try, I’ll be me, you be you, and we’ll show eachother respect while we wear a sort of mask made out of bullshit to fit in with the rest of the world. That’s what I do anyway.
Hi, I’m new to WordPress, but so far I like it. I plan to make a pattern of blogging habits. My blog is called The Random Blog of Irreverent Thoughts. The pattern or theme of this blog will be somewhat random, but some themes may emerge. Here are a few patterns you might see if you stick with me (please follow!):
- Randomness in thoughts and expressions.
- Fitness type blogs, but more of an active diary of what I do, not trying to tell you how to lose weight or what to eat!
- Gratuitous eye candy pictures. Tasteful, I hope.
- Book reviews with gratuitous eye candy pictures (In which I am reading a book!).
- Occasional social commentary or discussion. But don’t worry, I’m not that into politics or issues so I don’t plan to overwhelm you will bullshit.
- Stuff about music.
- I might even share some erotica, but that would be a new venture and I will maybe start off slowly….